ADSM-L

Problem ADSM and OSF1 V3.0 347

1996-03-01 10:11:25
Subject: Problem ADSM and OSF1 V3.0 347
From: Mike Knight <knightm AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1996 10:11:25 EST
From: Mike Knight, DCS-East, (314)234-5096, KNIGHTM at ISSCVM
Inet:                                       KNIGHTM AT VNET.IBM DOT COM

On Fri, 1 Mar 1996 13:32:35, Bruno Petruschka asked about:

>The dsmsched.log says:  Scheduler has been stopped.
>
>This error appears only with scheduled incremental backup, a full
>backup or archive are working well.  We are running ADSM HP Client 2.1

This is very similar to a problem we had with the HP client.  The scheduler
would stop when the backup encountered a directory named *.  APAR IC11959 was
opened and says ADSM can't backup files or directories containing asterisk (*)
or question mark (?).  You might try scanning your system for file names with
those characters.  Delete or rename them and the backup may work.

          Mike (not ADSM support) Knight