ADSM-L

Re: FW: OS/2 Fixpack #17

1996-02-28 23:38:07
Subject: Re: FW: OS/2 Fixpack #17
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 22:38:07 -0600
     Just passing on what IBMers have told me.... Oh better yet, I have a
     sheet from and ADSM class here in front of me ;-)
     ADSM Version 2 Backup/Archive clients work with any server (except MVS
     open Edition)
     New HSM clients work with MVS, AIX servers
     Export/Import used to move data between servers.

     *** CAUTION: files backed up from a V2 client can NOT be restored to a
     V1 client

     *** CAUTION: ADSM V2 server startup w/ UPGRADEDB parameter to convert
     database ******* BACKUP CURRENT ADSM server database prior to install
     ... because the routine doesn't go backwards...

     benefits? the new clients for win'95 and others...

     later
          Dwight

Author:  ADSM-L at unix,mime/dd.RFC-822=ADSM-L\@VM\.MARIST\.EDU
Date:    2/28/96 10:52 AM

This work around changes the release level of the OS/2 Client to
Verison 2 Release 1.2.

Is there anything I should be aware of in terms of problems
related to this version or problems mixing clients with V1R2 and
V2R1? How about retrieving files archived from nodes with V1R2
code?

Are there any benefits to using the V2R1.2 client?

Thanks,

Jeff Mathers
Computer Data Systems Manager
The Protein/DNA Technology Center