ADSM-L

Re: Big backup no time

1996-02-26 17:41:45
Subject: Re: Big backup no time
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 1996 16:41:45 -0600
     This seems to be more common these days...
     One possible solution is (if it is a database that can't be down long)
     is to put enough spare dasd on the specific machine to hold a dump of
     the DB, then you can restart the DB and let ADSM back up the flat file
     when convenient.
     Right now I have about 18GB worth of file space that compresses to 4GB
     worth of ADSM backup space and takes 1hr57min to complete (an oracle
     DB) and as soon as it jumps outside the 3hr mark I'm going to the
     trick mentioned above. Disk to disk copy currently takes just under 30
     minutes... I just hope it doesn't grow to where I can't even do a disk
     to disk in under 3 hours (?sigh?)
     later
          Dwight