ADSM-L

Colocation & Mount Failed Messages

1996-02-22 10:41:33
Subject: Colocation & Mount Failed Messages
From: Bob Klein <KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 10:41:33 EST
We're beginning to run across an interesting problem, now that
we have collocation turned off.  Even though we have a quite
small operation so far (only 100 nodes and about 30 GByte of
data stored) sometimes a user is not able to backup files because
large files are written directly to tape and the tape is in use.
Have others run into this?  Would turning colocation on make this
situation less likely?  I realize we could raise the limit on the
size of files allowed to our disk storage pool, but we are trying
to run this as a cost recovery service and are trying to keep
the costs down and so have a rather small size disk storage pool
(about 2 Gbytes).

Thanks for any feedback.

Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Phone: 301-496-7400                      Fax: 301-496-6905
Mail:  DCRT/CFB/ETS, 12A/1033, 12 SOUTH DR MSC 5607,
       BETHESDA, MD 20892-5607