ADSM-L

Re: Measure daily backuped data volume

1996-02-21 05:13:34
Subject: Re: Measure daily backuped data volume
From: Bob Douglas <bob.douglas AT COMPUTING-SERVICES.OXFORD.AC DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 10:13:34 +0000
>The Computing Center of the university of Karlsruhe (Germany) intends
>to measure the daily backuped data volume of each backup-archive-client.
>
>We are interested in any automatic approach to this task.
>Currently we intend to parse the dsmsched.log files of the
>backup-archive-clients. This solution is nor elegant nor easy
>to implement.

Why not process the ADSM accounting log for this purpose? It's what
we do. It doesn't tell you which files were backed up (or expired, etc)
by each client (each client session) but it does tell you the number of
files backed up (restored, archived, retrieved) and the total size of
such files.

Regards,
Bob Douglas
Oxford University Computing Services