ADSM-L

Re: Filling volumes and collocation

1996-02-20 15:00:57
Subject: Re: Filling volumes and collocation
From: Dave Crockett <crockett AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 13:00:57 MST
Dave wrote:

> In this respect I've read with interest the discussion around turning
> off collocation to cut down on the number of "filling" tapes - we have
> about 500 tapes with about 100 in filling status.

For those of you who are using collocation and think that you might have
too many "filling" volumes, check out APAR PN79990.  There has been a
problem in the collocation code for over a year that can result in
some "filling" volumes being "starved" (not selected again).  See the
APAR for details.

Dave Crockett - ADSM development