ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Redbooks

1996-02-20 11:22:04
Subject: Re: ADSM Redbooks
From: Jeffrey Mathers <matherj AT ROCKVAX.ROCKEFELLER DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 11:22:04 -0500
I can't help adding my voice to the Redbook bru-ha-ha.

These books should be free to any liscensed product owner!
They should be placed out on the internet in either postscript
or plain text format. Even better they should be shipped with
the product on CD-ROM or available for purchase at a reasonable
price, i.e. $15 for all Redbooks in a category like ADSM.

Why should IBM give away information sources for "free"?

1. Because the manauls supplied with the product are pathetic
attempts at documentation.
2. To reduce technical support costs.
3. To increase the popularity of the software, this is IBM's
end goal isn't it?

We came very close to bagging ADSM because the documenatation
made installation/setup such a hassle. We actually have written
an entire set of in house doc's for administrator's and users
that replace the IBM doc's.

That's my rant,

Jeff Mathers
Computer Data Systems Manager