ADSM-L

DB2/6000

1996-02-19 16:13:31
Subject: DB2/6000
From: Cyndie Behrens <cbehrens AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 16:13:31 EST
Michel, I agree that it is not the cleanest solution to have to use
this DB2 utility to delete older backups and log file archives from ADSM.
I think this is a common problem with ADSM application clients, and they
all seem to handle it differently (or some not at all!).

I understand your comment about prices for redbooks.  The redbooks are
meant to supplement the regular product publications, so theorectically
we shouldn't need redbooks.  But since we typically write the books with
real field folks and customers, they tend to have a more customer-oriented
perspective, and we also can write them after a product is available, so
real-live experiences can be published.  The regular product manuals have
to be ready months before a product GAs, so they aren't often able to put
real experiences in the books.  The real answer is for the product to be
so easy to use, that you don't need manuals at all; but since we are
living in reality.....
Cyndie Behrens
IBM - ITSO San Jose
cbehrens AT vnet.ibm DOT com