ADSM-L

FW: Multiple TCP/IP addresses

1996-02-19 10:46:14
Subject: FW: Multiple TCP/IP addresses
From: Dan Crouse <Dan.Crouse AT MAILPORT.DELTA-AIR DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 10:46:14 -0500
> On  Fri, 16 Feb 1996 Jerry Lawson wrote:
>
> A question about TCP/IP and MVS.
>
> We would like to set up a separate Ethernet circuit for a series of
servers
> that will be kept in the Data Center.  They will be of high capacity, and
so
> we do not want to run them through our regular network.  We wanted to run
them
> through a separate 3172 port, and then attach them to the MVS machine, but
it
> appears that we have to have a second TCP/IP address for MVS to do this.
 This

 ------------------------------
> On  Sat, 17 Feb 1996 David E. Bohm replied
>
> I assume that to accomplish the two different TCP/IP tasks what you mean
> is there will be two TCP/IP address spaces running on the MVS server with
> different started task names.  If this is correct then you can not do what
> you want with ADSM.

> ADSM is only able to communicate with one TCP/IP address space.  The
> TCPName option in the server options file determines which TCP/IP address
> space ADSM will communicate with.

> If this is what you need to accomplish then you can submit a requirement
> the ADSM-R list.

> Regards - David Bohm, ADSM technical support.

 ------------------------------
Jerry,

A second TCP/IP address space is not required for a second TCP/IP address.
 A TCP/IP address is associated with an adapter, not an address space.  We
are currently using two seperate addresses associated with two seperate 3172
controllers to accomplish a similar purpose.  As long as you keep the keep
the TCPPort constant, the ADSM server is oblivious to the address to which
the client is communicating..

DanC
Daniel G. Crouse
Software Information Services, Inc.
Email:  Dan.Crouse AT MAILPORT.DELTA-AIR DOT COM
Voice:  800-233-6838