ADSM-L

Re: Re[2]: MVS vs AIX

1996-02-19 08:28:16
Subject: Re: Re[2]: MVS vs AIX
From: "Scott D. Courtney (216-471-4103)" <courtney AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 08:28:16 -0500
I can't comment about Pipes, because on AIX I just use what's built into
the o.s., but as for REXX, it's there!  We just bought a copy two weeks
ago from IBM Direct for about USD 200.00.  It's very close to the OS/2
version, and seems to work well.  I haven't integrated it into ADSM since
our one ADSTAR server runs on MVS, but I can tell you that REXX/6000 does
support the RXQUEUE function and execution of external commands.  It's
got a couple of annoying omissions (like wanting you to use upper-case
filenames for command scripts and not as many built-in functions as the
OS/2 version) but it looks good so far.  FYI, FWIW...

"Today is always Version 1.0"          Scott D. Courtney,
"Today is always Version 1.0"          Scott D. Courtney,
     -- SeaQuest DSV episode           Senior Programmer/Analyst
                                       The Timken Company
OS/2 Warp Connect:                     Information Technology Mgmt.
Where I want to go today!              e-mail "courtney AT timken DOT com"
**** The following has been forwarded to you from COURTNEY