ADSM-L

NOV*IX

1996-02-16 14:19:51
Subject: NOV*IX
From: Frank Ramke <ramke AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 11:19:51 PST
To:           Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

The ADSM Netware client has specific loader dependencies on
TCPIP.NLM. If the loader can't find TCPIP.NLM, it assumes that
tcpip is not running and loads a TCPIP stub file called
acpwtcps.nlm. My guess is that this is what is occurring
at your site. A suggestion would be to unload acpwtcps.nlm
if running, rename the NOV*IX nlm to TCPIP.NLM, load this then
load dsmc.nlm. If this doesn't work, it's simply not supported, but
could be changed by the addition of a second dependency on
NOV*IX's tcpip nlm name. What is this NLMs name anyway?

referenced append:

    Does anyone have experience with an ADSM client on Novell 3.x using
    NOV*IX TCP/IP to communicate with the ADSM server?  We are
    experiencong problems which suggest some imcompatibility between
    dsmc.nlm and the NOV*IX TCP stack.

     Michael Tucker  The Metereological Office  England  +44 (0)1344 854133
     mtucker AT meto.govt DOT uk