ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Througputs

1996-02-15 12:27:00
Subject: Re: ADSM Througputs
From: Mike Duhaime <mduhaime AT IBMIR DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 11:27:00 CST
Regarding throughput, our experience has been that one of the most
signifigant rate limiting factors is the processing power of the client and
its ability to put data on the network.  What are your clients?  Alot of
these questions seem to be related to Novel environments where there likely
to be older machines.  Without knowing the clients, it might be a gross
assumption, but slow clients will kill your throughput and there is no way
to go faster.