ADSM-L

Re: 3490e Tape and ADSM

1996-02-15 11:56:12
Subject: Re: 3490e Tape and ADSM
From: Todd Mitchell <mitcht AT MARSHILL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 11:56:12 -0500
Susie

Thanks for the information.  That sounds like a very workable solution.
Another question - Do you recommend taking the initial
backup straight to tape.  The first 'Incremental' will be the entire server(s).
 This will be quite a large backup and could be
too large for the disk backuppool, am I thinking correctly here?  The migration
from disk to tape after each nightly ADSM
incremental will clear the disk backuppool - right.
I appreciate your assistance.  For your information, we use ADSM with an
RS/6000 server.  Our client environment consists of
RS/6000 servers, OS/2 LAN Servers and workstations, Windows and Sun
workstations.  I will also be adding a few Windows 95 and
NT clients soon.  We currently have two Exabyte 10e tape units (hope to add an
IBM 7331 this year).  The 3490e setup is at a
clients site - and they are ADSM rookies.

Have a great day.

Todd Mitchell