ADSM-L

Unix dsm.opt domain ALL-LOCAL plus another partition

1996-02-14 10:21:04
Subject: Unix dsm.opt domain ALL-LOCAL plus another partition
From: Paul Sandvig <sandvipa AT MARINR.PGH.WEC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 10:21:04 EST
We have a SunOS file server with a slough of regular devices plus a
partition (/archive) that is a special device (optical jukebox) driven by
AMASS so it can be accessed as a Unix filesytem.  Since /archive is not a
"/dev" type device, it is not included in ALL-LOCAL domain.

To get /archive backed up along with all the regular disks, I tried
specifying the following in the dsm.opt file:

domain /archive ALL-LOCAL

and I also tried:

domain ALL-LOCAL /archive

One would think that one of the above domain statements would back up
all the local devices plus /archive, but dsmc just ignored it.

Am I doing something wrong or what?  I would like to get this to work
because I do not want to have specify all the devices in the domain
statement.

Mount command output:

/dev/md0a on / type 4.2 (rw)
/dev/md0g on /usr type 4.2 (rw)