ADSM-L

ADSM OS/2 server questions

1996-02-08 10:24:00
Subject: ADSM OS/2 server questions
From: "PITTSON, TIMOTHY" <PITTSON1 AT BWMAIL1.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 10:24:00 EST
Hi,
     We're looking at deploying ADSM at a remote location as we are having a
lot of problems getting the backups finished using the existing T1
connection between the sites.  I had some questions about the ADSM server
running on OS/2....

1) Can it run on OS/2 Warp or do I have to go with OS/2 2.1

2) I noticed that DLT is supported for ADSM on OS/2... does anybody have
this working... of particular interest is whether or not the auto cartridge
loader units work (DLT2700 or DLT4700).

3) Hardware configuration - while it'll only need to handle about 5-7
clients (Novell 3.x, 4.x, and NT), we'll be backing up about 3-4 GB of data
every night.  Also, it will need 2 network cards, one for Ethernet and one
for Token Ring.  Any ideas of how big I need to configure this box (i.e. is
32 MB RAM enough or should I go with more, is a Pentium 90 MHZ good enough
or should I go with a faster machine).

4) Will ADSM Version 2 be made available on OS/2 and, if so, in what time
frame ??

Thanks !!!

Tim Pittson
pittson1 AT bwmail1.hcc DOT com