ADSM-L

Re: Throughput Speed

1996-02-06 23:29:43
Subject: Re: Throughput Speed
From: Lou Sneddon <lsneddon AT SFICORP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 20:29:43 PST
Don Sivley wrote:

>Has anyone done any benchmarks on ADSM throughput?  We are running into =
>problems because, for a total disk failure, it takes too long to restore. =
> We are running a 10-megabit Ethernet from a 486-based Novell 3.1x server =
t>o an MVS mainframe.  I appreciate any responses.
>Don Sivley
>E-Systems

We too are quite concerned and discouraged.  After applying all the performance
suggestions we've gotten from IBM, our throughputs are on the order of 189
KB/sec
which for backups is OK once we are backed up and doing incrementals.  But a
server restore would take a very long time, since our servers are about 16G. We
are on a Pentium 66 server with FDDI through 3172 to MVS host.

Lou Sneddon
SFI Green Bay, WI