ADSM-L

Re: ANS4017E Session rejected: TCP/IP communications failure

2015-10-04 18:16:47
Subject: Re: ANS4017E Session rejected: TCP/IP communications failure
 On Feb 5, 12:17pm, Melinda Varian wrote:
 > Subject: ANS4017E Session rejected: TCP/IP communications failure
 > For the past several months, we have been plagued by the subject fail
 > especially in backing up large UNIX boxes, but even on the Macs and P
 > Our ADSM server is running under VM.  I've tried both levels 8 and 14
 > of the server, with no apparent difference in the failure rate.  The

 Melinda, et all

 We run ADSM/VM and have the same problem!

 We have a small collection of clients, about 30, and I spend more time
 dealing with the ANA4017E message than the rest of ADSM support
 combined.  Sometimes the message appears legit, but most of the time
 it just goes unexplained since the backups typically do work.  We've
 opened incidents with IBM on several occasions and they've suggested
 changing the TCP<blah> parms or that we have a local network problem
 (which sometimes we do) or we extend the timeout parm.  Most of the
 time we end up closing the incident because the problem appears to go
 away.

 We have a hard time providing "works most of the time" production
 services.

Vince Allio   (510)675-5614   USBOACVB@IBMMAIL   Bank of America
Vince Allio   (510)675-5614   USBOACVB@IBMMAIL   Bank of America