ADSM-L

Re: ADSM on RS/6000 with STK 4400

1996-02-02 11:02:11
Subject: Re: ADSM on RS/6000 with STK 4400
From: Christian Moser <Christian.Moser AT SCHERING DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 1996 11:02:11 EST
Subject: ADSM on RS/6000 with STK 4400
     Hi,

     I have ongoing questions to  support of STK devices by ADSM Servers
     for UNIX platforms.

Jerry Lawson answered the following question:

>> ...  Anyone know whether ADSM for AIX support 4480 drive (IBM 3480
>> compatible) via 370 channel adaptor on RS/6000?

>YEs it does, but not through the regular device support provided with
>ADSM/6000.  There is an "add on" service provided through the solutions folks
>in Dallas that does this.  Both our local IBM reps, and our local STK reps
>have suggested this to us.

     Is an "add on" needed for STK Timberline or Redwood devices with SCSI
     adaptors (I believe yes, because I have not found guaranteed support
     of any STK devices in the announcement letter of ADSM Server V2 for
     AIX)

     PLEASE GIVE ME ADDRESSES OF THESE "ADD ON" PROVIDERS.

     Kind regards,
     Christian Moser,           Internet: christian.moser AT schering DOT de
     SCHERING AG, 13342 Berlin, Tel.: (030)4681356 Fax: (030)46916719