ADSM-L

Large Filsystem backups

1996-02-01 13:48:27
Subject: Large Filsystem backups
From: "Scott D. Courtney (216-471-4103)" <courtney AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 13:48:27 -0500
Absolutely!  As a matter of fact, there are at least two ways:

1.  If you are running "dsmc" from a "cron" job locally (as we are doing
    on my UNIX boxes now), you can establish the domains as above and then
    specify different domains on separate entries in "crontab".
2.  If you are using "cron" as in #2, you can bypass domains altogether
    and have separate lines in "crontab" (which run on different days)
    explicitly specify the filesystem(s) for each line.
3.  ??? It may be possible to do this from the server side (MVS), but I
    do not know how this is configured.

For details, run "dsmc help" from the command line and check out the
"incremental" subcommand.

"Today is always Version 1.0"               Scott Courtney
"Today is always Version 1.0"               Scott Courtney
                                            Sr. Programmer/Analyst
NOTICE:  Everything that is not forbidden   The Timken Company
         is mandatory!                      (courtney AT timken DOT COM)
**** The following has been forwarded to you from COURTNEY