ADSM-L

ADSM/400 Windows client

1996-01-26 09:01:20
Subject: ADSM/400 Windows client
From: "Andrew M. Raibeck" <araibeck AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 06:01:20 PST
Mattias Jamtin asks:

========== Forwarded letter follows ==========
Hello, this is probably a silly question.....but I am a newbee.
After installed the Win 3.1 client and changed the dsm.opt file, we get
the following error code (when we starts the admin. client):
ANS5762E    NSDW.DLL not found in search path.
ANS5519E    Unable to estable session to server
ANS51031Highest return code -350
I can't find anything about NSDW.DLL in the manual, don't think it is
a ADSM file.
Any suggestions ?
========== Forwarded letter ends ==========

Here is what the ADSM Messages manual says for message ANS5762E:

     ANS5762E NSDW.DLL not found in search path.

     Explanation: ADSM cannot find the NS/DOS communications support
     file in the current search path. This message only applies when
     the SNALU6.2 communication method is used.

     System Action: The connection to the server fails.

     User Response: Shutdown Windows and place the directory where
     this file resides in the DOS path statement.

Presuming that you do indeed intend to use NS/DOS for an LU6.2
connection, first make sure that you have NS/DOS installed, then verify
that the directory for NS/DOS is in your DOS path statement. If you don't
know where it is, you can try to find it by either using Windows File
Manager (File/Search menu) or the DOS command "DIR C:\NSDW.DLL /S" -
repeat for each drive on the PC until you find it.

Once you find the path, update the PATH statement in AUTOEXEC.BAT,
and reboot the PC. Hopefully this will resolve the problem.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support