ADSM-L

Re: ADSM from home over PPP timeouts

1996-01-25 17:22:12
Subject: Re: ADSM from home over PPP timeouts
From: Wendy Alberg <WAXY AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 17:22:12 EST
Mark Brown asks about how to prevent timeouts when using ADSM over PPP.
We've seen TCP/IP timeouts when compression is turned on - apparently
the client takes too much time compressing a really big file and the
server times out.  I agree with Tim about increasing COMMTIMEOUT to
try to keep the connection up.

Wendy Alberg, Computer Resources Technical Support Group, 315 CCC,
Cornell Information Technologies, Cornell Univ., Ithaca, NY 14853
wa10 AT cornell DOT edu    607/255-2672