ADSM-L

number of backupversions

2015-10-04 18:17:09
Subject: number of backupversions
Folks,

Does anyone have deeper thougths about the number of versions of client-
files that should be maintained on the server as the default.
We use 3 just because it sounds pretty save.

But from the point of view of backup, one should say that 1 version would
be sufficient. (We use ADSM V2 with copy storage pools).
Keeping 1 version would, of course, save a  lot of DB and stgpool space,
but, what would be the impact from other point of view, like risk
management?

Any ideas about this would be appreciated,

Kees Koopman
Hoogovens Groep BV
Netherlands