ADSM-L

NO SUBJECT

1996-01-18 09:55:56
Subject: NO SUBJECT
From: Mike Knight <knightm AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 09:55:56 EST
From: Mike Knight, DCS-East, (314)234-5096, KNIGHTM at ISSCVM
Inet:                                       KNIGHTM AT VNET.IBM DOT COM
Subject:
Subject AIX V4 and ADSM V2

We are being forced to move to AIX Version 4 to get support for more than 7
devices on a Fast/Wide SCSI bus.  Does anyone have experience with AIX V4 and
ADSM?   We have heard rumors that AIX V4 is not as stable as V3 and need to set
a confidence level.

With our current environment (ADSM V1 and AIX V3), we are limited to 2GB
logical volume raw partitions for the ADSM database and disk storage pool
volumes.  Can we have larger partitions on ADSM V2 and AIX V4?  We would like
to allocate a whole 4.5GB disk to a database or storage pool volume without
dividing it up into 2GB chunks.

       Thanks,

       Mike (Not ADSM Support) Knight