ADSM-L

Central Network Backup Product and Storage Media

1996-01-05 23:57:15
Subject: Central Network Backup Product and Storage Media
From: Ong HowCheong <onghc AT SINGNET.COM DOT SG>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 1996 12:57:15 +0800
Hi ADSMer,
        Just to check anyone have any info. on the different between DLT and
8mm technology eg. the way they write/read and reliability?  We are in the
process of evaluating different network backup product i.e. ADSM on AIX,
Palindrom and Networker. However, we were confuse as their fuctions and
features are quit similar but there price are of great different, just to know
whether I missed out something?

        Any user experiences on DLT library and any recommendation would be
greatly appreciated.   Thanks in advanced.

Regards,
How Cheong at onghc AT singnet.com DOT sg