ADSM-L

Re: Banyan client availability?

1995-12-22 10:55:47
Subject: Re: Banyan client availability?
From: Deba Patnaik <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 1995 10:55:47 EST
On Fri, 15 Dec 1995 09:51:55 PST john dyer said:
>On Sun, 10 Dec 1995 08:18:56 EST  Deba Patnaik wrote:
>>Pete,
>>   When is Banyan client going to be available ?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Deba Patnaik
>>World Bank
>
>I would also like to ask the same question.
>
>POWERsave for Banyan VINES from Performance Technology is
>supposed to interface with ADSM.  Any comments?
>
>Banyan's EBR (Enterprise Backup and Recovery) is based on
>Legato's NetWorker.  Is there any likelihood of EBR interfacing
>with ADSM?
>
>Thanks,
>John Dyer
>Australian Bureau of Statistics

I was told by Performance Technology developer Andy Miller, that
there has been some management change in ADSM lab and also Banyan
did not show up in a meeting.

It is very important for me to know where IBM stands on this issue.
It is perfectly all right for me, if IBM says we are not going to
support Vines. I have been waiting for an answer for over two years
now. Please can you give us a definite answer, so that I can use
alternative software (ADSM would have been my first choice). I used
to correspond with Scott Hansbury (ADSM) but I have not heard from
him in recent months.

Deba Patnaik
World Bank