ADSM-L

Re: Backup DB

1995-12-15 14:06:11
Subject: Re: Backup DB
From: Bob Klein <KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 1995 14:06:11 EST
That's most unfortunate and considerably reduces the usefulness
of doing DB incremental backups.  I don't understand what would
be the difficulty of providing an option such NEW=YES,NO (NO
being the default) which would allow appends of incremental
backups.  All backup products that I am aware of allow for
appending incremental backups onto a single tape.

Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Phone: 301-496-7400                      Fax: 301-496-6905
Mail:  DCRT/CFB/ETS, 12A/1033, 12 SOUTH DR MSC 5607,
       BETHESDA, MD 20892-5607