ADSM-L

Re: Help on message error (DSMC.NLM)

1995-12-14 09:37:01
Subject: Re: Help on message error (DSMC.NLM)
From: Doug Munford <"munford doug"@A1.NZOV02.SNO.MTS.DEC.COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 1995 09:37:01 -0500
> Dear users,
>
> When I load DSMC.NLM on a Novell Client I got an error message as:
>
> Loader cannot find public symbol: NWLstrstr
> Load file referenced undefined public variable.
> Module DSMC.NLM not loaded.
>
> As anyone have a clue !!!!
>
> Thanks in advance  Robert
> Ouzen Robert, System Consultant      Internet:robert AT research.haifa.ac DOT
> il
> Computer Center of Research          Phone:    (972)-04-240345
> University of Haifa                  Fax:      (972)-4-342097
> Mt. Carmel, Haifa 31999                        (972)-4-249177
> Israel

This in novell terms means the module refers to symbols in another module that
has not been loaded. Furthermore the module has not been coded to automatically
load this other module as a prerequisite. A good way to find this symbol is to
use a dos grep command and look for this symbol in all .NLM files. Sorry I
can't point you to the correct prerequisite module...
NOTE: It might well be version dependant ... on the versions of NLM drivers...
Have you sent a note to the Novell Support People to see if they can identify
this??
(It may not be an NLM module shipped with ADSM)

Regds Doug.