ADSM-L

Doing a piping backup/ IRIX 6.1

1995-12-13 02:24:46
Subject: Doing a piping backup/ IRIX 6.1
From: Adrian Phillips <adrian.phillips AT DNMI DOT NO>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 08:24:46 +0100
Okay, when I mean piping, I mean Unix pipe to ADSM.

Haven't bought ADSM yet, although it was top of the list until I read about SGI
support this morning.

I'm hoping that someone/or several might help with a couple of questions:

1) Does ADSM support Irix 6.???, and Irix 5.3 on multprocessor machines (I read
some ADSM V2 info. that says not but.. ) ?

2) Is it possible to pipe data into ADSM - for example, running an export from a
database (Oracle) into a pipe/fifo and into ADSM - I know about SQL backtrack
and the supposed new Oracle/ADSM module - I'm just considering options.

Thanks for any help,

Adrian

= Adrian Phillips at            | BUT any thoughts in this are purely    =
= Adrian Phillips at            | BUT any thoughts in this are purely    =
= The Norwegian Meteorological  | my own and have nothing to do with     =
= Institute                     | this establishment, thankfully.        =
= Net: adrian.phillips AT dnmi DOT no  | Phone: 47 22 96 32 09 Fax: 47 22 96 30
50