ADSM-L

BACKUP DB

1995-12-12 08:39:04
Subject: BACKUP DB
From: LARS DANIELSSON 0 31-667479 <vd.ld AT MEMO.VOLVO DOT SE>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 14:39:04 +0100
--- Received from VD.LD  +46-(0)31-667479           95-12-12 14:38
  -> IN=adsm-l(a)vm.marist.edu
  -> IN=adsm-l(a)vm.marist.edu

Some questions in the BACKUP DB area.

Today I take the ADSM MVS server down each lunch time and backup
the 8 GB DB, the 200 MB log and the disklog by DFDSS. For the
moment the DB is spread on 5 ADSM "volumes". I pick these data
sets into three groups of nearly the same size and copy these in
parallel by DFDSS parallel option using three 3490 tape stations
in 35 minutes.

Now, I want to use the BACKUP DB command to eliminate the lunch
take down. I intend to run the Full Backup once a weekend and the
Incremental Backup each day.

I would appreciate if anyone can give me some experiences of
elapse time and CPU usage for the BACKUP DB function?

Lars Danielsson
Volvo Data AB
Goteborg, Sweden
+46 31 667479