ADSM-L

Re: Again: AIX Client SMIT Install error

1995-12-11 04:33:44
Subject: Re: Again: AIX Client SMIT Install error
From: Adrian Phillips <adrian.phillips AT DNMI DOT NO>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 1995 10:33:44 +0100
> From: DILLON/MICHAEL <mrdillon AT FEDEX DOT COM>
>
> To the collective guruhood:
>
> SMIT generated the following error message in response to
> our attempted install of the ADSM AIX client code via the
> SMIT "custom install of selectable software" on AIX 4.1.
>
> A copy of the input install screen follows the error....

Hi, don't rememeber how the install on AIX (4.1.3) went now, but it its up and
running so it must have gone well :-)

> Can anyone tell us why ADSM/SMIT requires the Trusted Computing
> Base?  Is there any known work-around that will enable us
> to complete the ADSM client install WITHOUT re-installing
> AIX with the TCB option?  (We would RTFM if we could find it.)
> You're dealing with an AIX weakling here, so please
> gauge your responses accordingly.

Maybe its the new version of AIX ? Have you checked fixdist for a possible bug
in the install subsystem ?

Adrian

= Adrian Phillips at            | BUT any thoughts in this are purely    =
= Adrian Phillips at            | BUT any thoughts in this are purely    =
= The Norwegian Meteorological  | my own and have nothing to do with     =
= Institute                     | this establishment, thankfully.        =
= Net: adrian.phillips AT dnmi DOT no  | Phone: 47 22 96 32 09 Fax: 47 22 96 30
50