ADSM-L

ADSM with Magstar 3494

1995-12-07 17:31:01
Subject: ADSM with Magstar 3494
From: Chris Hopkins <cjhopkin AT ON.BELL DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 1995 17:31:01 -0500
Hi there:

I am planning to use ADSM on AIX 4.1.4 on an R24 with a 3494 Tape Library.

A couple of questions:

1)  Can I request a specific tape to mount such that I can do read/writes
independent of ADSM while ADSM is running using the same tape library?

2)  Is this something that can be done through the ADSM APIs or do I have to
talk to the tape library through some other (non ADSM) API?

Thanks for your time :-)

Chris
Chris Hopkins                          cjhopkin AT on.bell DOT ca
Chris Hopkins                          cjhopkin AT on.bell DOT ca
Sr. System Designer
Highway 407 Electronic Toll Collection System
Bell Sygma Telecom Solutions
Toronto: (416) 215-2910
Ottawa:  (613) 781-4544