ADSM-L

Fix for Win client hangin

1995-12-07 11:59:09
Subject: Fix for Win client hangin
From: GLW2 <GLW2 AT OFS.CO.WESTCHESTER.NY DOT US>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 1995 11:59:09 -0500
It's been a while since I've heard anything about this issue.  A couple of
months ago a bug was identified in the v2 Windows client (Scheduler) where
it routinely 'dies' at midnight.  That is, the count down clock stops at
this time and the Scheduler will no longer communicate with the Server
without manual intervention.  An APAR was opened, IC11411, and closed but
I have yet to see this fix included in any version available on the
anonymous server.

For us, this bug is a STOPPER in propagating the v2 client on our Windows
users.  We install the Scheduler in the startup group to run unattended,
which means that after the first night, the client has effectively stopped
functioning.  Can someone from IBM tell me when this fix will be
available ?  Is this a critical issue for any other sites ?

Gary Wood,  Westchester County NY
 (914) 593-2342