ADSM-L

Re: Server hands up at volume which during DUMP DB

1995-11-30 10:42:07
Subject: Re: Server hands up at volume which during DUMP DB
From: Dave Crockett <crockett AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 08:42:07 MST
> we have seen the same problem with our MVS Server (1.1.0.13).
> Sometimes the DUMP DB starts, but hangs after waiting for a second volume.
> Had anyone else the same problem with a MVS Server, and how could this
> problem be fixed? We plan to use the new version V2 in the near future, is
> the problem there already fixed?

The problem that you are seeing is a different one which has been fixed
in server level 14.  The Apar number is PN67043 (VM) or PN67356 (MVS).
I believe one of these Apars was listed at one time as being fixed in
an earlier PTF, but in reality, the code went into level 14 for both
APARs.

Dave Crockett
ADSM development