ADSM-L

Database Compaction Question

1995-11-27 12:59:52
Subject: Database Compaction Question
From: Dave Cannon <dcannon AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 10:59:52 MST
>>I noticed that the percentage of the database used by the ADSM Server sems to
>>constantly increase even when I am expiring files at an almost equal rat.  Is
>>there anyway to compact the database entries to eliminate those for expied
>>files that are no longer a part of my ADSM store?

Executing EXPIRE INVENTORY should reduce the size of your database
as indicated by the QUERY DB command.  If you do not see a reduction,
it may be because additional files are being backed up during expiration
processing.  Please look at other server activity during expiration
to see if new files are being added.  If you still feel there is a
problem, I suggest opening a problem report through IBM Service.

Dave Cannon
ADSM Development