ADSM-L

SUN Version 1 Client(s) and Virtual Mount Points

1995-11-24 11:18:22
Subject: SUN Version 1 Client(s) and Virtual Mount Points
From: Bob Klein <KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 1995 11:18:22 EST
This is a question about the version 1 client(s) for SUNs.  I had
installed them on my machine when it was running SUNOS.  My
machine was then "upgraded" to run Solaris.  At first the program
ran correctly, but then a change was apparently made to the
operating system environment and now I get the message

ANS4071E Invalid domain entered:  '<domain name>'

when I try to use the dsmc incremental command.  Indeed the
domains mentioned in the messages are virtual mount points
defined in the dsm.sys file.  I am trying to find out why these
virtual mount points are no longer being honored.  As a result of
my investigations I have a few questions.  Any help in answering
them would be most appreciated:

1) I noticed that in addition to the sun4 and sun3 subdirectories
documented in the Unix client manual, a solaris subdirectory was
created and this subdirectory seems to be the source for the dsmc
executable.  The solaris subdirectory is not mentioned in the
documentation for the 1.2 Unix client.  Does it contain native
Solaris code?  If not, what is its purpose.

2) Was there, in fact, a native Solaris version 1 client?

3) Is there a native Solaris version 2 client?

Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Phone: 301-496-7400                      Fax: 301-496-6905
Mail:  DCRT/CFB/ETS, 12A/1033, 12 SOUTH DR MSC 5607,
       BETHESDA, MD 20892-5607