ADSM-L

Re: VM-Server V1R1L0.15/1.15

1995-11-19 23:29:43
Subject: Re: VM-Server V1R1L0.15/1.15
From: Jerry Lawson <JLAWSON AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 09:29:43 +0500
I have not had this problem with the MVS server, but have seen similar messages
many times with backup clients.  In those cases, the problem is that the backup
client (DSM.EXE, etc) gets somehow seaparated from the message file
(DSCAMENG.TXT, etc.)

I would look around on your server - is the message file still there, or did it
get scratched, recataloged, or moved somehow?  On MVS this is SYS1.ANRMSG, which
is a PDS; on VM I do not know what it is, but would look at the  startup for
ADSM itself (a service machine?)

Hope this helps

Jerry Lawson
ITT Hartford Insurance Group