ADSM-L

Re: Lotus Notes Client Restriction

1995-11-16 03:42:24
Subject: Re: Lotus Notes Client Restriction
From: Jerry Lawson <JLAWSON AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 08:42:24 +0000
Hi -

Went to install the Lotus Notes client, and found the following in the Readme:

> 1) Currently, no more than 50 Notes databases can be incrementally
> backed up for a single node, through the Notes Agent. This
> restriction does not apply to the ADSM backup/archive client,
> so there is no such restriction on the number of Notes databases
> that can be backed up on a database file level, through the
> ADSM backup/archive client. When the fix for this problem
> become available, it will likely be in the form of an updated
> ADSM API DLL, rather than an updated ADSM Notes Agent installation
> diskette.

Is there any hope of getting this fix SOON?

To put our concern about a 50 database limit in perspective, let me use Lotus

Notes mail as an example.  Each user that is registered gets a Lotus Notes mail

id - this equates to a notes database for each user (for example - I have a

JLAWSON.NSF file containing my mail).  We currently have 1200 Registered Notes

users.  Notes mail resides on a regular server in our shop - my estimate is that

this server has well in excess of 1500 notes databases on it. There is no way we

could install the Notes client on this machine - and it is indeed a prime

candidate for backup!

Jerry Lawson
ITT Hartford Insurance Group
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com