ADSM-L

ADSM and Legato Networker

1995-11-14 07:21:27
Subject: ADSM and Legato Networker
From: Roman Tirler <tirler AT CRS4 DOT IT>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 1995 13:21:27 +0100
We are planning to install a new backup sytem. Our main computing
resources are an IBM SP/2 with 30 nodes, about 50 Unix workstations
(RS/6000, SGI, HP, Sun, Dec Alpha), 30 PCs (Windows and DOS) and
25 Macintoshes.
We have a proposal from IBM based on a server, RADiant (7135-210)
and a library unit 3494-L12 with 3590-B1A drives running ADSM.
We are also looking at alternative solutions using other equipment
(Digital, HP) running Legato's Networker.
I am curious to know if somebody out there made some comparative
studies concerning ADSM and Legato's software.

Thank you, Roman Tirler