ADSM-L

[no subject]

1995-11-13 15:01:05
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 1995 15:01:05 EST
Frank,

Thank you for your explanation of how Macintosh filenames are handled.
This isn't explained anywhere in the V1 Users's Guide (we don't have the
V2 Guides yet).  We had loaded the mac name space before restoring the
volume, so I think your first explanation is the relevant one for us.

I don't know what would be involved in doing this, but it would be extremely
nice if alternate (i.e., Macintosh) filenames were restored along with the
native filenames, whenever a file is restored from ADSM.  I'm sure that I
do not know all of the implications of doing this, so feel free to tell me!

..Paul

Paul Zarnowski                     Phone:   607/255-4757
Cornell Information Technologies   Fax:     607/255-6523
Cornell University                 US Mail: 315 CCC, Ithaca, NY 14853-2601