ADSM-L

does ADSM backup raw data partitions on RS/6000 box

1995-11-08 12:14:00
Subject: does ADSM backup raw data partitions on RS/6000 box
From: "Krosney, Bill" <BKrosney AT RICHGREEN DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 12:14:00 -0500
We are currently investigating ADSM in our shop:

MVS/ESA mainframe
Novell LANs
RS/6000 boxes

Under consideration is using the mainframe as our big server and backing up
LAN's, workstations and the RS/6000 box.

I am not a UNIX person, so I phrase this question as it is presented to me.

Question:  Sybase, which runs on the RS/6000 box uses "raw data partitions".
 Does ADSM support backing up of "raw data partitions" on the RS/6000 box?

Bill Krosney
e-mail: bkrosney AT richgreen DOT com