ADSM-L

Re: Expiration processing

1995-11-08 11:50:47
Subject: Re: Expiration processing
From: Mitch Sako <mitch AT CELLNET DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 08:50:47 PST
Just a question.  What is your cache hit pct from the 'q db f=d' command?
If it's pretty low, you might look at my message to Bob Klein regarding
subject: CPU Resources Used by Server.

Mitch

> A few weeks ago, I posted a message about how people are handling expiration
> processing, particularly for larger ADSM  environments.  Many thanks to
> everybody who took the time to respond.  From the responses I got and from
> monitoring ADSM closely, it looks like it might be wise to manually control
> both expiration and reclamation processing.   I've also noticed that both of
> these processes are very disruptive if they're running while backups are
> taking place (particularly expiration processing).   One thing I did notice,
> however, was when I skip expiration processing for 1 or 2 days, it will run
> for 10-14 hours as opposed to 6-8 hours when it runs daily.
> I think we'll try alternating days and see how that works for awhile. (i.e.
> expiration processing on Monday/Wednesday/Friday and reclamation processing
> on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday).
>
> Tim Pittson
> pittson1 AT bwmail1.hcc DOT com

Mitch Sako                            Phone:     (415) 508-6761
Cellnet Data Systems                  FAX:       (415) 508-6700
125 Shoreway Road                     Pager:     (408) 989-3365
San Carlos, CA 94070                  email:     mitch AT cellnet DOT com
                                      personal:  msako AT netcom DOT com