ADSM-L

ATTN IBM: Would like to see TCP/IP addresses ...

1995-11-02 17:29:13
Subject: ATTN IBM: Would like to see TCP/IP addresses ...
From: Andy Raibeck <raibeck AT CONNIX DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 1995 22:29:13 +0000
We would fine it *very* helpful if the client TCP/IP address would be
displayed in one or more of the following:

a) The "ANR0400I Session started ..." and "ANR0403I Session ended ..."
   messages.

b) The output from the QUERY SESSION command.

c) The output from the QUERY NODE command.

In our particular situation, we are testing a new network link for our
company, and are having problems. When we want to do a Sniffer trace on
a particular client, the network person asks for the TCP/IP address. My
response is "I don't know".

For some clients, I can look in the DNS table on our domain name servers.
But we have a lot of NetWare clients, and since they can't use DNS, they
aren't in the table. Also, the person who tracks the addresses isn't
available.

I know that ADSM tracks this information because it needs it to contact
the clients to start their scheduled session (it's also displayed in the
message that is displayed when the client can't be contacted).

This would be a helpful enhancement.

Thank you for your consideration.

Andy Raibeck
Connecticut Mutual