ADSM-L

ADSM, NetWare, and Macintosh filenames

1995-10-30 12:06:14
Subject: ADSM, NetWare, and Macintosh filenames
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 12:06:14 EST
One of our users is attempting to restore their NetWare server from an
ADSM backup.  When attempting to restore everyting at once, they did not
get a complete restore (not sure why, but I think the session timed out
before everything got restored - they didn't hang around to watch it).
They then attempted to restore things a directory at a time.  This
worked, however the Macintosh filenames were not restored properly.

My understanding is that if you restore Mac files to the same location
they were backed up from, this should work.  What is the "magic information"
that we need to know to get the Macintosh filenames restored properly?
Is there a particular file that contains the DOSname-to-MacName mapping?

Thanks.
..Paul

Paul Zarnowski                     Phone:   607/255-4757
Cornell Information Technologies   Fax:     607/255-6523
Cornell University                 US Mail: 315 CCC, Ithaca, NY 14853-2601