ADSM-L

Re: ATTN IBM: How about cutting SMF records for ADSM processes?

1995-10-28 03:33:32
Subject: Re: ATTN IBM: How about cutting SMF records for ADSM processes?
From: Andy Raibeck <raibeck AT CONNIX DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 1995 07:33:32 +0000
Bob Klein says:

> On our MVS server platform we are cutting SMF 30 (2) records
> every 15 minutes.  These are interval records and give resource
> utilization for each address space, including our ADSM address
> space, for each 15 minute interval.  If you know when the processes
> start and stop (from the adsm activity log), you could determine
> their approximate resource utilization.

Yes, this might do for the time being. But the SMF 30 (2) records are
a composite of all ADSM activity for the interval, bot broken down by
process. I'd still like to see ADSM create something with the same level
of detail as the client records it generates.

Andy Raibeck
Connecticut Mutual
203-987-3521