ADSM-L

ADSM Server CPU Utilization

1995-10-27 14:38:49
Subject: ADSM Server CPU Utilization
From: Bob Klein <KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 1995 14:38:49 EDT
While looking at the ADSM client SMF records for our MVS version
1 server, I noticed one node that uses much more cpu per mbyte
transferred than other nodes.  This node is using ADSM to back
up file server drives by linking to them.  These file server
drives (about 10 of them) have a very deep subdirectory
structure.  Would that be the reason this node is using up
so much more cpu time than others to backup data?

Thanks for any input regarding what factors might cause the
adsm server to use more cpu time per megabyte backing up a
drive.

Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Phone: 301-496-7400                      Fax: 301-496-6905
Mail:  DCRT/CFB/ETS, 12A/1033, 12 SOUTH DR MSC 5607,
       BETHESDA, MD 20892-5607