ADSM-L

Re: Direct output of dsmc command ?

1995-10-25 14:48:13
Subject: Re: Direct output of dsmc command ?
From: Wendy Alberg <WAXY AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 1995 14:48:13 EDT
On Wed, 25 Oct 1995 11:18:57 -0500 Susan McClure <smcclure AT IS.RICE DOT EDU>
said:
>I have UNIX clients backing up their system by having a chron job issue
>a "dsmc incremental" command.
>
>I guess I could use the "quiet" option to reduce it, but was hoping there
>was a way to direct the output to a file ...

Susan-

Put the "dsmc incremental" command into a (bshell) script and use the
statements

exec > ADSM_incremental_console
exec 2> ADSM_incremental_errors

(or whatever file names/directory paths you want to use) to send the
regular and error output from the dsmc command to a file.  The entire
script might look like this:

#!/bin/bsh

# Send all output to a "console file" ala CMS console listing
exec > ADSM_incremental_console
exec 2> ADSM_incremental_errors

# Do an incremental backup
dsmc incremental