ADSM-L

Re: ADSM bugs and support.

1995-10-23 17:52:30
Subject: Re: ADSM bugs and support.
From: Martha McConaghy <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 17:52:30 EDT
It concerns me that several people have commented that PMR's have been
closed without any reason, and, apparently, without consent of the customer.
Perhaps things work differently with the European customers (it wouldn't
be the first time).  However, it has always been my understanding that
PMR's could not be closed without the customer's consent.  Inactive PMR's
will be deleted after 30 days, if allowed to remain idle.  However, active
PMR's shouldn't.  If that were happening to me, I'd be hopping mad and
burning up a few phone lines.

My experience with IBM support in general is that someone always calls me
and asks if the PMR can be closed, or we agree to let it sit idle and
"timeout" after 30 days.  That way, if the problem reoccurs in that time
period, we don't have to open a new one.

This situation sounds new to me.  Perhaps its a miscommunication somewhere.
However, since several people have now made the comment, I have to believe
that there is a real problem somewhere.  PMR's being closed without
explanation or consent of the customer would be unacceptable regardless of
the product.

Could someone from IBM look into this further and give us an explanation
as to what might be happening here?

Martha