ADSM-L

Re: tape migration problem

1995-10-23 12:35:25
Subject: Re: tape migration problem
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 12:35:25 EDT
On Wed, 18 Oct 1995 11:42:57 CST cc52 said:
>We have been having problems with our tape migrations not
>completing.  Our %util is currently at 43.9% and our %Migr is at 12.7%.
>We have set the High Mig% at 20% and the Low Mig % at 10%.  When we
>set these percentages down to these levels the first time it forced the
>migration, but now it doesn't seem to trigger the migration.

Ron,

If the migration is interrupted for any reason, it will not start up again
unless the %Migr is higher than the "High Mig%".  In your example, it is not.
If you want to re-start the migration, you will have to temporarily set
himig below %migr.

%Util is not used to determine when to start/end a migration.

..Paul