ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Space usage

1995-10-19 10:36:29
Subject: Re: ADSM Space usage
From: Andy Raibeck <raibeck AT CONNIX DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 1995 14:36:29 +0000
> I need to know how many total bytes of storage each node
> has backed and archived on my server.
>
> The only way I can see to do this is to issue a
> query content xxxxxx format=detail
> for every volume in my storage pool.
>
> Am I missing something?   Does anyone else have a method
> for measuring ADSM storage usage by individual nodes?

Have you tried using the QUERY OCCUPANCY command? This will give you
detailed information for each node, and it runs relatively quickly.
For each client, you'll get utilization info for every filespace
broken down to the pool level. That is, if client 'A' has one disk
with data stored in the archive pool, disk backup pool, and tape
pool, you'll get three lines of utilization info, one for each pool.

If you like, you can redirect the output to another file, then run
some kind of program on it to give you summary info. This is some-
thing to consider if you want to charge by utilization.

Andy Raibeck
Connecticut Mutual
203-987-3521