ADSM-L

ADSM/2 with SureStore 12000e problems

1995-10-17 17:08:00
Subject: ADSM/2 with SureStore 12000e problems
From: Dirk Rober <Dirk.Rober AT ECON.KULEUVEN.AC DOT BE>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 1995 21:08:00 DT
We use ADSM/2 (under OS/2) with an HP SureStore 12000e (1 drive and
6 tape bays SCSI library).  We have the following problem:

We have filled 6 tapes so I used CHECKOUT to remove the full tapes en
CHECKIN to load new ones.  But if a user now requests a restore from an
old tape, that tape (which is not present in the library) is set to
unavailable and the user gets a "data is not available" message.

ANR8313E Volume HP0004 is not present in library HP_TAPE_LIB.
ANR1402W Mount request denied for volume HP0004 - volume unavailable.
ANR1410W Access mode for volume HP0004 now set to "unavailable".
ANR0542W Retrieve or restore failed for session 5 - storage media
inaccessible.

What I realy want to happen is that the operator gets an mount request
and that the user just waits on the mount to complete.

I tried to checkin the old volumes again :

checkin libv hp_tape_lib hp0004 stat=priv mountw=9999 search=no
ANR8422I CHECKIN LIBVOLUME: Operation for library HP_TAPE_LIB started as
process 35.

But I received the following message:

ANR8314E Library HP_TAPE_LIB is full.

I hope I have made some incorrect definitions and that this is not WAD.

Thanks for any hints,

Regards,

Dirk Rober

Systems Engineer
F.E.T.E.W.
K.U.Leuven
Belgium

PS: Are the message ANR83xx documented somewhere ?